A work in progress!

My nook cover arrived!

Friday, January 22, 2010


Picking out a cover for my new nook took almost as much time and angst as the decision to by the darn thing in the first place. After much trauma I decided on the Tupper quote cover. The full quote reads, "A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever." Martin Tupper was an English writer and poet mostly remembered for his Proverbial Philosophy.

I'm really pleased with my choice. It feels great in my hands, very smooth and super soft. I was really worried about that because the device feels so good on it's own, nicely weighted with a great texture. If I don't enjoy holding the cover I'll leave it off, and you know the one time I drop it will be when it's off. My second choice for covers was the really stunning Jonathan Adler Punctuation Cover. Both covers have pockets and good looks, but the Adler cover looked like it might hard in, and on, my hand. It appears to be canvas rather than the soft (fake) leather of the Tupper cover. Possibly more durable, but feel was really important to me.

Of course, all of the shopping stress could have been avoided if B&N had any plans to carry the covers in any of the stores near me. Even the giant store in the super-expense retail center in the wealthy suburb will not be carrying any nook accessories. It would have been nice to be able to actually see the covers before choosing one. I hope B&N changes it's mind about this soon. The covers are so great, they help sell the product. It may be pre-order only now, but that won't last with all of the new ereaders coming out. They need to stock to promote.

2 comments:

Unknown January 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Great cover choice!! I like the green. It's hard to pick a cover when you don't get to play with them, a lot of how much you like them is how they feel in your hands. It's good that you were able to find one that fits for you!

Cheers!
Rachel
Nookboards.com

Anonymous,  June 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

I agree- the cover selections are what sold me on a nook versus a kindle. They should show them off!

Post a Comment

My new little sweetheart of a mutt

My new little sweetheart of a mutt

Such a goober

Such a goober

Always in my heart

Always in my heart

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP