A work in progress!

My Library Loot from Thursday 1-14-10

Friday, January 15, 2010

My library loot from yesterday, quite the haul! Lots of YA and juvenile books this week. Since I got my nook (much easier on my poor sore hands) I have been buying a lot or borrowing from the library's ebook collection.

I'm reading the Magic Tree House books to catch up with "my" little guy. At almost 8 years-old he's read them all, except for the most recent and 43rd book that just arrived yesterday from Amazon as a belated Chanukah gift (from me). I'm so proud of him! I started the owl books by Kathryn Lasky to see if it might be a good next series for him and got hooked. I found the Pandora books because their author, Carolyn Hennesy, is one of my favorite actresses on General Hospital and Cougar Town. She's a smart, funny lady and it's fun to support her efforts. I also like the Greek mythology theme.

I'm very excited to read the final installment in the Buffy season 8 series. I don't read many graphic novels because my eyes have trouble following the style, but I had to find out what my favorite Slayer and friends were up to.

Does anyone want to take bets on whether I'll actually cook anything from Mike Symon's book? I love my Clevelander Iron Chef, and bacon, so maybe I'll get inspired, or at least pick up a few tips.



 This is my first time participating in an internet meme, but how could I resist Library Loot? Thank you Eva (A Striped Arm Chair) and Marg (ReadingAdventures) for creating this fun meme, as well as Natasha at the terrific Maw Books Blog, who turned me onto it.


3 comments:

Marg January 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Welcome to Library Loot! Looks like you have an interesting mix of books there. Look forward to having you participate in our meme in the future.

Anonymous,  January 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

I am getting ready to join this meme next week for the first time. You have a cool stack. I love Buffy! :)

I also wanted to welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge! Love the library and love this challenge. So glad to have you join.

Nise' January 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

Glad the nook is helping with your fibro pain. I have it as well, but thankfully it does not bother my hands very often. Enjoy your loot.

Post a Comment

My new little sweetheart of a mutt

My new little sweetheart of a mutt

Such a goober

Such a goober

Always in my heart

Always in my heart

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP