A work in progress!

Review: Magic Without Mercy by Devon Monk

Monday, April 23, 2012

Magic Without Mercy (Allie Beckstrom, #8)Magic Without Mercy by Devon Monk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The best thing about this series is that the author has a very clear plan for it. It isn't one of those series where the author just created a fun character who became popular and now she's trying to trying to milk the series for all it's worth by writing the same book over and over again or just sort of figuring it out as she goes along. Every book in this series has a very strong arc and major reveals, keeping it super exciting. But of course it also makes it sad as we get closer and closer to the end of the series, I'm really going to miss these characters when it wraps up after the next book.

This book was a wild ride, as they all are. There was a lot going on with Allie's dad, St. James, Cody, Stone, tainted magic, The Veiled, why she can use magic differently than anyone else, Isabelle and Leander, Shame and Terric, Jingo Jingo, the Hounds and lots of other stuff. There were some reveals, some hints, and some new challenges as well. I can't wait for Magic For A Price in November.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My new little sweetheart of a mutt

My new little sweetheart of a mutt

Such a goober

Such a goober

Always in my heart

Always in my heart

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP